Thursday, May 28, 2009

Paris

Kim's parents arrived from the US to visit us last Thursday, and will be with us until tomorrow evening. One of the highlights of their visit was our trip to Paris from May 23 to 26. I'm going to "back-publish" capsules of our days in Paris, dated on the days they occurred. (Not sure how this will play with RSS; we'll see!)

Needless to say, we all really enjoyed the trip, although we had different favorite things. Here's our "top 2" lists from the trip:

Mike: Musee de Louvre, Jardin du Luxembourg
Anne: Eiffel Tower, Jardin du Luxembourg
Kim: Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral
Dad: Notre Dame Cathedral, Louvre
Mom: Notre Dame Cathedral, the pastries
Colin: Hotel, Carousel (near the Eiffel Tower)
Tim: Eurostar train, Hotel

I'll talk about all these places in more detail in the blog posts for each day. One word of explanation: the reason Tim and Colin liked the hotel so much is that they were able to play their Lego Indiana Jones video game there! This was part of the deal I arranged before we left. I bought them the game on the condition they would be cooperative during the trip. All said, this turned out to be quite a good bribe, as they were largely well behaved!

No comments: