Friday, March 20, 2009

Amphibians on the move

Ah, Spring is here.

I received this interesting message via e-mail from one of our admins at the Computer Lab:
The warm weather has got our local amphibians moving again, trying to cross the Coton footpath to get to the ponds. Unfortunately they often stop on the path, especially at night when it gets cold. This leads to mass squashings from bicycles - they aren't easy to see in the dark. If you're cycling back at night, please watch out for them and consider helping them across.
Here's a picture I took last summer of a very tiny frog (one of hundreds) making the trek to the ponds. Fortunately, I didn't squash him. But, when smaller than a penny, the amphibians are easy to miss!

1 comment:

Mike Hicks said...

Mike, Is that a US penny or a UK pence? ; ) Kim